Clwyd Retriever clubs Annual working tests held on Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th July 2021, both kindly sponsored by CSJ Canine Foods, Bodfari -www.csjk9.com or 01745 710470, who provided the winners with some wonderful goodies for their dogs.
We held our Puppy & Novice test on Saturday 17th and our Open test on Sunday 18th both held at Plas Isaf, Rhosant, Halkyn By invitation of Mrs Price & Mr Ian Jones, which we thank them for as it is wonderful ground and as always the land owners where very supportive and helpful providing water troughs around the ground to help keep the dogs cool.
Well done to all those who were in the awards and to all who competed in the tests and we hope that you all had enjoyable days out running your dogs, although the heat was a challenge over both days.
Our judges on Saturday were Alan Fryer (A), Victoria Waterfield, Gill Awty & John Benyon and on Sunday Andrew Latham (B), Victoria Waterfield, John Benyon & Kevin Jackson, Who we need to say a big thanks to as both days were extremely challenging in the heat and although we tried to provide shade for the waiting dogs and competitors the judges were out in the sun for most of the day.
Big thank you to all the helpers and club committee members who all did an amazing job over both days whether they were throwing dummies, placing or stewarding they made the days run smoothly and for most they helped over the both days which is greatly appreciated as without them the tests just would not be able to run, I hope everyone who came to help enjoyed the days. I would like to say a special thanks to Chris Kettle who helped set up the tests with Glenys Caldwell and who organised all the helpers over the 2 days.
Raising money for Cancer Research UK
And as all the entry fees are being donated to Cancer research U.K, along with all collected in the donation bucket from the 2 days and on my just giving page in memory of Mary Roberts we have raised £1108.40 so far, the just giving page is open until the end of the month so I am hoping that this may increase and will keep you updated at the amount raised for such a worthy cause.
Puppy 6-12 MTHS
- 1st Anthony Appleton with Abbeyfold Dandelion King of Applebriar
- 2nd Karen Jones with Caedyah Kelen Music
- 3rd Lesley Chapman with Our Golden Quill to Canalhouse
Puppy 12 -18 Months
- 1st Henry Vincent Price with Galloway Rose May
- 2nd Bill Dewhurst with Claybrow Indiana Copper
- 3rd Roz McIlroy with Gibbolt Time After It’s Gone
- 1st Nicola Pipe with Calonbride Calumet
- 2nd Phil Goulden with Turpingreen Espinoza
- 3rd Jackie Owen with Kensteen Tomorrow Dreams of Marianbach
- C of M Karen Jones with Mood Music Millie
- C of M Roz McIlroy with Applebriar Jet
And the winner of The Whitter Trophy for the highest score overall on the day, was Anthony Appleton with Abbeyfold Dandelion King of Applebriar scoring 75 out of 80.
- 1st & The winner of The Mary Roberts Trophy for the highest scoring dog was
- Paul Edmunds with Kynigos Midnight Magic
- 2nd Caroline Slater with Glassgreen Alfie
- 3rd Victoria Stanley with Craigmaddie Nevis